Stuntmania!


Airport Circle

Whenever i leave my home on my bike, i am not sure whether i will return safely or not. Driving in Ahmedabad is so dangerous. At first, when i started riding bike, i used to get frustrated with the way i was taken over from left hand side or someone coming from wrong side. Most disturbing was when people use horn instead of brake. But, soon i realized that i cannot change things, so better become a part of it. I had to go through nearly 50 minor accidents, before i became the master of this game which i like to name as "Stuntmania".
Don't you think, it's a mad game. Everyone is trying to beat one another. No one wants to be late! Sad. We all are playing a very dangerous game, that too on road. Many lives are lost. Limbs are crushed. But, who cares!
Now, i use those tricks which i have learned by being a part of this "Stuntmania". It's not surprising that things are simpler now. When someone from behind use horn, i use horn, lot of it! Louder. I go from wrong side to avoid traffic light. Some tricks, i am not sharing. As an Ahmedabadi, you must be knowing those survival tricks. I don't want to be the winner of the race, where everyone may be having different finishing points, but are running on same dangerous path. I just want to save my own life. I do one thing that many avoid, i don't go anywhere without helmet. I don't drive without headlight at night. I know my life is precious.
There are average of 50 road accident-related emergencies in Ahmedabad daily, which is the highest among all other cities in Gujarat. The city has the most unsafe roads in Gujarat, as per a reliable government data. There are growing instances of road rage and hit-and-run cases. In many of the cases, the victims are sole bread earners of the family.
Till the time, we keep playing like this, no one can live home at peace. It's a terrible thing that i am writing such article. But, i wish against hope that things will change. Traffic rules will become stringent and heavy fines will be charged for breaking any traffic rules. Thanks for reading.

No comments: