Unique Parking Place!

A strange type of gender bias was noticed by me today and i thought that it must be shared. It is not only unique, but funny too.

Ladies Parking

In a society where we always talk about gender equality, we also silently see separate train boogies and dedicated ticket counters reserved only for ladies. Even there are seats in local bus reserved for them. I don't want to discuss that whether these things are right or wrong. I just want to share today's incident.

I was parking my bike in an empty space in the parking of Sukh-Sagar Complex (corporate house on Ashram road near Fortune Landmark). Suddenly i heard my friend asking me to move my vehicle from there. When i asked the reason, he stated that that parking space is reserved only for females. I was shocked. He told me that there are only Activa and Kinetic parked in that marked area. He made it very clear that the watchman will surely take out air from my bike's tyre if i will park in that "ladies zone. Looking amzaed, I saw the board which mentioned in Gujarati that parking is only for ladies. Just then i saw a man parking his Activa there. No one stopped him. He had no fear of any mischief happening with his vehicle. It was quite clear that he knew that his Activa will pass the "gender-test".

I realized that it's not actually a gender bias, but a bias of a very strange kind which is based on the false assumption that ladies drive two-wheeler without gayer, while men drive with gayer. Now a day, many girls can be seen driving bikes of all types. Probably the person who took this decision regarding parking is very obsessive about gender bias or himself/herself biased towards females. Whatever, whoever, however - this parking space is unforgettable and different.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have really interesting blog, keep up posting such informative posts!