Mota Hoga Tera Baap!



Something strange happened 2 days back, when i was rushing for my office. If you have heard, read or seen Dr Dolittle, you will understand and connect in a better way.

I was about to pass a "fat" elephant, oh sorry, elephant are supposed to be fat. I heard someone saying "Mota Hoga Tera Baap". It was no one else, but the elephant talking to me. Instead of being angry, i was amused. I asked the elephant the reason of such abrupt action. He told, "i have come from a village and this is my first visit to any city, but i have seen more fat people here in  one week than all i have seen in my whole life. What has happened to these Ahmedavadis? Are they trying to poke joke on me?".

"Why will we make fun of you", i asked. He flipped his tail straight into air as if showing his anger and said, "then why are you all trying to copy me". Now i understood what he was trying to highlight. Aah! I was confused! It was good or bad to see an animal feeling threatened and jealous.


We Ahmedavadis are smart enough and don't need an elephant to make us realize that our sedentary lifestyle, watching of too much TV, use of internet and other gadgets of comfort lead to obesity. We know very well that there is need for taking proper nutrition, brisk walks, proper yogic practices. But, the question is "How many of us are serious about obesity and know that it kills more people than AIDS and often underlines problems such as diabetes and heart diseases?".

I thank that elephant and now i am joining gym from tomorrow. I have already made the advance payment of one year. I don't want to meet that angry elephant again. Do you want to meet him? 

No comments: