Beast Master

Entire humankind can be divided into 2 parts - animal lovers and animal non-lovers (haters is too strong a word). Talking about animal lovers, I am one and once in a while I pat up a loving dog on the street or feed a few birds now and then. There are some other friends and acquaintances of mine who have pet dogs, aquariums and the occasional parrot. Many know quite a lot about their pets and stuff about raising and rearing them but I have never come across a more passionate animal lover than my dear friend Sunil Kini.
The thing that strikes you instantly about Sunil is his classic good looks and old school charm. His impish smile and natural drawl and an almost omniscient knowledge of all kinds of creatures that inhibit this world make me a huge fan. The first time we met, he had me awestruck with his knowledge about dogs and birds. Not your average Lab or Dalmatian, exotic breeds ranging from Pugs to Great Danes to St Bernards. Big deal you might say, dogs are dogs are dogs!
Then he started rattling off fascinating facts about birds! Budgarigars, Parakeets, Cockatoos, Falcons, Finches, Raptors, Mutated ring necked birds, Emus and what not! Just as I was digesting all the facts he had enlightened me with, he started regaling me with tales of his pet African Gray Parrot whom he has literally brought up since its infancy, hand feeding it and all ...
Curiosity got the better of me and I landed up at his home one Sunday afternoon. Lo behold as the door opened an extremely cute and excited pug welcomed us in. She was so excited that she almost began to choke with her emotions!
Before I could even meet the parrot an amazing aquarium greeted my eyes. Sunil has recreated a Tanganyikan lake in his living room! Hardly had my eyes feasted upon this work of art, the next room beckoned us with an even more dazzling display of not only fishes but the legendary African Gray. A pair of finches and an extremely friendly ring necked parrot share the room with another charcoal black pug!
Well I can go on and on but words will not do justice to the passion of Sunil Kini. By profession a banker but by passion he is truly the Beast Master.
I leave you with some pics of his unending work and ladies ... he is still single!
PS : For reasons of privacy, the animals and fishes names have not been mentioned :p

No comments: