It's My Life! A Pigeon's life!


"Lucky" with his group
Thank God! I was born as a Pigeon one year back and my names is Lucky. I live a peaceful and happy life. 

My life is very different from yours. I live a carefree, but a disciplined life. Every morning,  I wake up as soon as the Sun rises. I live in Satellite at Mansi Circle and there are lot of kind people who feed us. They think it will bring them God's blessing. It's their religious belief which allows me and my group to have grand party throughout the day. Even though I "shit" anywhere we like, good Ahmedavadis never mind. It's their care and humanity which impresses me. 

It's only during Uttarayan, when I hate being in Ahmedabad. You Ahmedavadis enjoy kite flying, but it's the thread or "manjha" which threatens my life. I run here and there to save myself. Many of my friends died or got injured during last Uttarayan. Though some social groups have been trying to create awareness and saved many lives, all are not "Lucky".

It's my sincere request to avoid using Chinese or Nylon thread. Only use thread which has not been sharpened by rubbing glass. Think about us before you buy "manjha".

I love this city as here people are so generous that they even build Pigeon Huts. In my next birth, i will love to be born as a Ahmedavadi. I end my story with a quote of Rabindranath Tagore - “The fish in the water is silent, the animals on the earth is noisy, the bird in the air is singing. But man has in him the silence of the sea, the noise of the earth and the music of the air.”

No comments: